Google / Samsung Activation Lock
Samsung Reactivation lock
Similar to Apple, Samsung has implemented a security feature to prevent you from being activated if it is still locked to your account. This is a great security feature, but will need to be deactivated in order to sell your device with Mobile Monster. Follow the steps below in order to remove the Reactivation Lock. Depending on your device and the version of Android you are using, the reactivation lock settings may be in a different location.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Lock screen and security -> Find My Mobile.
- Enter your Samsung account password and tap Confirm.
- Disable Reactivation Lock.
- Review the Turn off Reactivation Lock warning and tap OK.
- Enter Samsung account password and tap Confirm.
To remove it remotely follow these steps:
- Go to account.samsung.com and sign in your account credentials. Click on Profile and you will see Delete Account option. Delete your account entirely from Samsung server. Deleting the account is the only way to remotely remove the activation lock
Google Account Lock - Android Activation Lock
Just like Samsung, Google have brought in a security feature called the 'Android Activation Lock', this works in the same way by preventing your phone from being activated if it is still linked to your Google Account. You will need to remove your Google account from your device before sending it to us. To remove the account on your device:
- Navigate to Settings app
- Scroll down, and tap on Accounts
- Tap on the account you wish to remove; For example: tap on Google, and then select your email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select More in the top right corner of the screen or the 'three dots' icon
- Tap on Remove Account
If you have sent your device and we find it is Google Account locked, the only way to remove the account is to login using your account details. Please get in contact with us in order to facilitate this.