Why You Should Recycle Your Phone
There’s no question by now that e-waste is a big problem for our planet. Throwing your phone in the bin is harmful for the environment not only for the toxins it leaks in landfills, but also for the resources that are lost.
Why should I recycle old phones?
Mobile phone recycling benefits the environment in many ways:
- Recycling saves energy. Extracting and processing new raw resources requires a lot more energy than recycling them.
- You’re saving precious resources. Mobile phones contain valuable minerals such as cobalt, gold, silver, palladium and tin. By trading your phone you benefit the environment by reducing the carbon footprint associated with manufacturing and the pollution of water, soil and air associated with mining.
- You prevent toxins leaking in our soil and waterways. By selling your phone instead of throwing it away, the harmful components of your device — such as lead, mercury and arsenic — will be properly disposed of.
The benefits of phone trade in
By trading your phone in to Mobile Monster, you:
- Get a fair price for your device — we will beat any Australian advertised price for a phone or device by 5%.
- You help reduce the environmental impact by choosing to recycle your device — thus making sure those precious metals and elements are being used to refurbish other phones.
- You support a local business that cares about the environment and believes in a circular economy.
By selling your old mobile phones you not only get extra money in your bank account, you do your bit for the planet. That’s why trading in your phone is worth more than money.
So check those drawers and cupboards for your unused tech (or if you’re really, really, really ready for an upgrade) and sell it to us here.
At Mobile Monster we are passionate about sustainability and our entire business model is based on the value of recycling unused devices.
So let’s recycle, reuse and refurbish as much as possible.